Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Post 36: New tuner design for the 7 strings, neck bolted on

      The tuner I first made was functional, but I thought a slicker design would look better, so I made another one I liked better. I also made a brass angle piece to anchor it too which is thinner than the aluminum angle and will give it a tad more travel:

        I received the 12-24 x 2" flat-head brass screws, and used them to attach the aluminum neck to the aluminum guitar "body".  I made sure to mark the position of the dots on the 75mm scale and keep the screws off those areas in case I do the same as with the bass and use the attaching screws as the dots:

       The resulting assembly is extremely stiff, so there is no need for a truss rod at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post 34: Thinking of a headless and fretless bass

   I would like to use that wonderful piece of canari wood to try my hand at making a more traditional wooden bass. I want it to be special ...