Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Post 9: Building the basic cello frame

   This morning, I cut the four square tubing sections roughly, drilled holes for the two long bolts, and assembled them temporarily. I cut the curves as best I could on the band saw, and finished them on the big and small belt sanders:

   Now, I can lay that frame on top of a piece of 1/8" aluminum and draw the plates that will stiffen the frame. I cut them, sand them, and drill them  aped together so they match perfectly. I clamped them to the frame and drilled the holes in the frame for the countersunk oval brass screws. I tapped the holes for 8-32 screws.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post 34: Thinking of a headless and fretless bass

   I would like to use that wonderful piece of canari wood to try my hand at making a more traditional wooden bass. I want it to be special ...